20170125

Reflection knocks 7: Judge, perception, words


Are we that quick to judge?

Ditakdirkan Allah, pagi ni kami ada talk. Well, itu biasa. But the guest is not. Hmm but then I've been following their activities and progress (literally) for quite some time so I kinda knew who they are, what they do and I personally have good perception of them.


But it turned sour - when I heard some unpleasant words. I guess they're inevitable, random words you unconsciously utter in response to whatever pass you by. Kot. But, knowing the other side of the story and having good vibes lulz within yourself, I can't help but feel kinda offended (who am I to be affected anyway) and go ouch over such words.


Then I wonder - are we that quick to judge?


You know, having a stranger in front of you, introducing themselves as you don't even know their names and their stories, and here we are - making up our own descriptions of them from what we perceive - based on whatever we have in hands, be it either something physical, swayed by our emotions, expectations and imaginations.


I guess whatever negative words we uttered at that moment was just an escapism - of what we are having. It's not where you want to be, it's not something you wanna hear, so you need an excuse. And whoever is standing in front of you provide you the reason to escape, hence the words.


But on the other hand, words kill too. Good intentions, poor words choice - sarcasm at the maximum level, doubting others concern or priorities wouldn't do. You might even lose the support you're getting. Words matter, so be kind. Say good words. The helps or attention you're seeking (in a good way) may reach you through good words and polite manners. We have different styles and do expect the difference we are packaged with. The goodness may reach you in a way you wouldn't be expecting, perhaps by our own means - not necessarily financially. Whatever, Allah knows best. As long as niat baik-baik, then I guess we'll get there.


And perhaps maybe because of that too, we perceived whatever they went through was easy - because we made up our version of stories of their life anyway - which made me sigh again, for I've read the stories of their lives a few times before. Ironically, it's the opposite, hence the sigh.


Highlighted key points that I consumed were 3: Good food, good education and love.
I'll add two more to my dictionary: Good words and positive perception.



No comments: