20170728

Reflection knocks 13: Verily, with every hardship comes ease (94:5-6)

Salam.

This is my Jumaat notes. It happened that one of our classmate shared a video about worrying sth like that (hence, my previous post kot haha), and the speaker shared 3 verses from the Quran to keep us going. 

Those 3 verses were:

1. Allah does not burden a soul beyond than it can bear (2:286) 

2. Verily, with every hardship comes ease (94:5-6)

3. Perhaps you hate a thing and it is good for you; and perhaps you love a thing and it is bad for you. And Allah Knows, while you know not. (2:216)


And our non-Muslim friend commented that she didn't get about the ease that comes along with the difficulties and ask for any explanation.

I stared at that comment and questioned myself about my understanding about that verse too. I replay the video (well i personally shared the video on my wall too haha) and i think since the speaker was saying that there are ease that comes alongside difficulties, hence the contemplation.

So I asked myself too. 

Maka sesungguhnya beserta kesulitan itu ada kemudahan. Sesungguhnya beserta kesulitan itu ada kemudahan.


Bukan selepas susah, tapi bersama-sama kesusahan. Hmm. So I googled for some explanation too la because it intrigued me too la kan obviously apakah kefahamanku selama ini sebenarnya haaa and sesat kah aku selama ni wahaha which brings me to tumblr (i miss tumblr, and so today after my last post in 2013, hey tumblr i'm back with a new post haha) and i found some thoughts about that too.


The one yang answered my question was a note from ust Yasmin Mogahed from her book, Reclaim your Heart:


"Allah (swt) tells us in a very profound ayah: 'Verily. With hardship comes ease.' (Quran, 94:5). Growing up I think I understood this ayah wrongly. I used to think it meant: after hardship comes ease. In other words I thought life was made up of good times and bad times. After the bad times, comes the good times. But that is not what the ayah is saying. The ayah is saying *with* hardship comes ease. The ease is at the same time as the hardship.This means that nothing in this life is ever all bad (or all good). In every bad situation we're in, there is always something to be grateful for. With hardship, Allah also gives us the strength and patience to bear it. "


Hmm so I fikir-fikir and hmm dan oo oo oo okay begitulah.

So i concluded this morning that to me, i think it means that during the difficulties, when you think everything is so hard/ wrong, Allah is reminding us that through out the difficulties, there are things that are going right. 

Macam dalam kesusahan tu, ada jugak kesenangan yg sometimes we tend to overlook or banyak lagi benda yg Allah dah permudahkan utk kita waktu kita rasa semua benda tu susah. Meaning that no matter had bad things are, there are always things to be grateful for too. Hmm gitu la kot

So obviously I used to think it was selepas susah, ada kesenangan but it's actually dengan kesusahan tu ada kesenangan. Though i think it might be depending on how you see it, perhaps different people would have different perception la kot

Jadinya pesanannya, sesukar mana pun your days, remember to look around dan tengoklah bagaimana Allah mudahkan benda-benda lain agar hati kita yang gundah gelana tak tentu hala tu tak terisaukan benda lain pula. Dia bagi satu masalah suruh kita fikir balik and mostly (hopefully) akan buat kita turn back to Him while Dia uruskan je perkara lain dalam kita tengah emosi tu


Dan jumpa pula video Mufti Menk about this too. Dia cakap, bila Allah uji dan kita rasa jatuh, ada 2 benda yang kita kena ingat. Bila kita down, Allah nak kita ingat yang ianya lagi senang jatuh dari bawah (vs dari atas) dan lesser pain bila dah jatuh and kita dah kat bawah (vs dari atas mountain, as he used jatuh dari mountain as comparison). Dan verse 2, Allah janjikan with every difficulties, sebenarnya ada 2 point of ease - verse 5 dan 6 sebenarnya tak refer to the same ease, he promised two ease with each one difficulty. Dan Allah uji sebab Allah nak keep us in check, hmm begitulah mercy nya Allah sobs

So it was a good start la jugak for my day today, haaa kena ketuk sikit ouch


So Amira, no matter how bad things are going to be (or are), be grateful. Say Alhamdulillah, thank you Allah for still making so much other things easy for me, for us despite the difficulties. And be okay, alright? Hehe okay remember syukur > sabar.


(Yesterday, a year ago, i didn't see this comin'- me sitting for proIII and everything. Even my post to myself last year was about verse 1 and I was somewhat positive after having some teary eyes moment after peptalk by DrK. Sweet life. Thank you Allah.)


Now let's pray may Allah ease this journey for us all, and hopefully this journey would bring us closer each day to Him, amin.

- and hopefully this hormonal thingy is temporary and we'll be okay as this phase pass-


here's to another good and tearful orchestra i stumbled upon at 3 am (haruslaa kan demi membuka mata tapi end up tidur macam biasa tak faham apa-apa pun la kan haaa) during my proIII days - dynamite!



oh sad note: baru sedar that it wasn't real pun. it was a cover and somehow someone was so gigih like what pergi match kan orchestra tu dengan the song, well whatever, still terharu tengok though now eh kena tipu ke, well whatever still lovin' it especially of course the slow part 

I'm gonna take it all
I, I'm gonna be the last one standing
Higher over all
I, I'm gonna be the last one landing

- 'cause it goes on and on and on, 'cause it goes on and on and on



done,
280717, here, i love myself, i love You.

No comments: